Applications now open for Slovakia Government Scholarships 2020/2021 for International Students. The Slovak government scholarships have long been a part of Slovakia’s official development assistance, which itself is a programme and project activity of the Ministry of Foreign and European Affairs within the international community.
The slovakia government scholarship partially cover the costs associated with studies at a public university located in the Slovak Republic. The scholarship program is for Undergraduate, Masters and PhD degree.
About the Award Slovakia Government Scholarship
Slovak government scholarships, under OECD-defined conditions for conducting official development assistance, include awarding the Slovak government scholarship to persons with Slovaks Living Abroad status.
- Application Deadline: 30th May, 2020.
- University or Organization: The Ministry of Education, Science, Research and Sport of the Slovak Republic (“Ministry of Education”)
- Department: NA
- Course Level: Undergraduate, Masters, PhD
- Value of Award: Scholarship offers students monthly scholarship and stipends
- Access Mode: Online Application
- Number of Awardees: Not specified
- The Scholarship award can be taken in Slovak Republic
Eligibility and Requirements
Eligible Countries: Afghanistan, Albania, Armenia, Azerbaijan, Belarus, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Georgia, Kenya, Republic of the Sudan, Kosovo, Moldova, Mongolia, Palestinian Territories, Ukraine, and Vietnam.
Eligibility: A government scholarship may be awarded to a national of a partnering country who
- temporary residence for the purpose of studies,10)
- temporary residence as a third party national granted Slovak Living Abroad status,11) or
- the right to stay on the territory of the Slovak Republic for a period in excess of three months,12)
- a full-time student at a public university located in the Slovak Republic in one of the academic programs contained in the notice defined in Subsection 2 who demonstrates command of Slovak at the level required by the given public university, or
- a participant in language education for the purposes of university studies (“language education”)
- and c) as of 1 September of the year in which the application for a government scholarship is submitted,
- is at least 18 years of age and not more than 26 years of age with respect to language education for studies of a first-level or second-level academic program or an academic program combining first and second-levels or studies in such an academic program or
- is at least 23 years of age and not more than 35 years of age with respect to language education for studies of a third-level academic program or studies in such an academic program.
Language Requirement: Applicant whose birth certificate is in other language than Slovak, Czech, English, French or Spanish, then a certified translation into one of these languages is required.
Value of Scholarship: This scholarship offers students monthly scholarship and stipends
Duration of Scholarship: A government scholarship is awarded
a) over the standard duration of studies in the given academic program,
b) for ten months in the case of language education,
c) during the months between the completion of language education and registration for studies in the given academic program or between the end of studies in one academic program and registration for studies in another academic program, if 1. the participant in language education completes language education or a student completes studies
How to Apply for the Slovakia Government Scholarship
Interested applicant should proceed to the submission of online application form which is available on the website: www.vladnestipendia.sk
Visit Scholarships of the Government of the Slovak Republic Webpage for more details.
In conclusion, application is still ongoing for Slovak Government Scholarships 2020/2021 for International Students. The Scholarships of the Government of the Slovak Republic is a long-term part of the development cooperation of the Slovak Republic. The eligibility, requirements, benefits and how to apply for the Scholarship have been stated clearly above. Application deadline is 30th May, 2020.
Shared Scholarship Updates is a scholarships information website for all nationalities students, international students. Tlcpost.com is not awarding scholarships.
Our aim is to help interested international students, mostly from developing countries, by sharing current and verifiable scholarships round the world.
Got a question? Email [email protected]