In this article you will learn how to answer one of the hardest interview questions, ‘why do you want to join our company?’.
There is a specific reason why the hiring manager is going to ask you this question and if you don’t answer it in a certain way, you will not pass your interview. If you have an interview coming up soon for any role or company, make sure you read this article very well because it will help you be the standout candidate.
How to answer why do you want to join our company interview question
To help you pass your interview, this article will cover the following four things:
- Reasons why the interviewer is asking you the question, ‘why do you want to join our company?’ If you understand why the question is being asked, you can then give a top scoring answer.
- Three (3) things you must include in your answer. These three things are guaranteed to impress the Harm manager.
- Three (3) brilliant example answers to help you be the standout candidates at your interview.
Reasons why is the interviewer asking you the question, ‘why do you want to join our company?’
They are asking you this question because the majority of candidates are only interested in getting a job with a decent salary.
They are not too bothered which company they work for. But the problem with these candidates is they end up moving on to another employer soon after starting work, which is not good for the hiring manager.
Therefore, you need to convince the interviewer that you have genuine reasons for wanting to work for them.
Let now look at the three (3) things you must include in your answer to the question, ‘why do you want to join our company?’
3 THINGS YOU MUST INCLUDE IN YOUR ANSWER TO THE QUESTION, WHY DO YOU WANT TO JOIN OUR COMPANY?
- You must state in your answer that you have RESEARCHED their company or organization before the interview. This is important because it will help to convince the hiring manager you have plans to stay there long-term.
- In your answer to the interview question, why do you want to join our company, make sure you mention ONE THING THAT HAS ATTRACTED YOU TO WORK THERE. That one thing could either be their track record of success, their impressive history, their workplace culture and values, or the awards they have won for outstanding performance.
- In your answer, say that you want to BUILD A LONG-TERM CAREER WITH THEIR COMPANY. Saying this will help convince the hiring manager you have a career plan in place, and you are serious about your future success.
Let now look at the three (3) brilliant example answers to that question, why do you want to join our company?
Why Do You Want To Join Our Company Answer
Question: Why did you want to join our company?
WHY DO YOU WANT TO JOIN OUR COMPANY ANSWER OPTION 1:
“Before applying for this position, I researched your company in detail. Not only do you have an impressive track record of achievement, which tells me you are ambitious, but I was also attracted to your workplace culture.
We spend a lot of time at work and I want that time to be put to good use in a positive work environment where everyone has the opportunity to contribute to the team’s goals.
I am seeking employment with a company like yours that is a market leader, and I plan to build a long term career here if I am successful.”
Question: Why do you want to join our company?
WHY DO YOU WANT TO JOIN OUR COMPANY ANSWER OPTION 2:
“I want to join your company because having used your products and services before, you clearly have high standards and you are innovative in your approach to business.
Working for you will mean I am constantly growing and improving, and I feel excited about the prospect of working on challenging projects with other like-minded professionals.
Finally, I want to join your company because after studying your website, it is clear your values are very much aligned with my own.
I feel I will be a good fit for your team and I will be able to add value to your company long-term if I am hired.”
Question: Why do you want to join our company?
WHY DO YOU WANT TO JOIN OUR COMPANY ANSWER OPTION 3:
“I want to join your company for several reasons. First, I have heard nothing but positive things about how your business is run from people who currently work here.
Your management team is ambitious and you clearly support your employees to be the best version of themselves possible by providing appropriate training and ongoing support.
I also want to join your company because you value diversity. I want to work with people who have different ideas, and I believe your inclusive working environment will mean I get to contribute to the future success of the company, something I will feel very proud about if I get hired.”
There’s three brilliant, top scoring answers to that tricky interview question, ‘why do you want to join our company?’
I wish you all the best for passing your job interview.
by Scholars Hub
Scholars Hub is a site created for Scholars, to guide you write professional CV, professional Resume, Biodata, Common Interview Questions and Answers. Tlcpost.com is NOT awarding scholarships, is NOT an employment site, NOT recruiter or agency or third party, and tlcpost.com is NOT directly or indirectly involve in any stage of recruitment or employment. We don’t charge anything for any information shared in this site.
The aim of setting up this interesting site is to help Scholars/Students, mostly from developing countries, by sharing and giving you some guidelines to write professional CV, Professional Resume for Job application, including some Common Interview Questions and Answers.
Got any question to ask? CLICK HERE