On November 24, 2021, Google AdSense notified its publishers that it is discontinuing their ‘Matched Content Units’ from March 1, 2022 and all current ad units in place will be renamed to with ‘Multiplex Ads’ and publishers will not have to do anything with the change.
Google AdSense to rename ‘Matched Content Units’ to “Multiplex ads” from March 1, 2022
Below is the update from Google Adsense:
Starting 1st March 2022, Matched content units will only show ads, and be renamed to “Multiplex ads”.
We originally launched Matched content as a recommendation service to help you promote your content to your site’s visitors. It also came with the option to show ads alongside the links to your content.
Due to decreasing usage of the content promotion service, and positive customer feedback and performance results from an ads-only Matched content ad format, we’ve decided to turn down the content promotion service and convert all existing Matched content units to only show ads. This also applies to Matched content units that have the “Monetize with Ads” option turned off.
What to do next?
You don’t need to do anything if you’re happy for all of your Matched content units to only show ads starting 1st March 2022. Otherwise you need to remove the Matched content code from your pages before this change happens.
- Alongside the format change, we’re making the following changes:
- Rebranding Matched content to “Multiplex ads”, to align with the ad format that’s available on Google Ad Manager
- Removing the eligibility restrictions that currently apply to Matched content. The new format will be available to all AdSense publishers
- Removing the Sites > Matched content page from the AdSense interface
- Updating the Matched content unit editor to show the new ads-only format
- (Lab participants only) Turning off the ads-only Matched content AdSense Lab and marking it as retired.
Google AdSense to rename “Matched Content Units” to “Multiplex ads” from March 1, 2022.
by Scholars Hub
Scholars Hub is a site created for Scholars, to guide you write professional CV, professional Resume, Biodata, Common Interview Questions and Answers. Tlcpost.com is NOT awarding scholarships, is NOT an employment site, NOT recruiter or agency or third party, and tlcpost.com is NOT directly or indirectly involve in any stage of recruitment or employment. We don’t charge anything for any information shared in this site.
The aim of setting up this interesting site is to help Scholars/Students, mostly from developing countries, by sharing and giving you some guidelines to write professional CV, Professional Resume for Job application, including some Common Interview Questions and Answers.
Got any question to ask? CLICK HERE