‘Why do you think you are suitable for this job’ is one of the hardest interview questions to answer correctly. If you don’t prepare a strong, confident and best answer to this interview question, you probably won’t get hired.
If you have an interview coming up soon for any role or company, make sure you read this article very well because it will help you be the standout candidate.
How To Answer “Why Do You Think You Are Suitable For This Job” Interview Question
To help you pass your job interview, this article will cover the following three things:
- Reasons WHY the interviewer is asking you this tough interview question. If you know the reason WHY the question is being asked, you can give an amazing answer.
- 3 things you must include in your answer to the interview question.
- 2 brilliant, top-scoring example answers and all you have to do is choose which ONE ANSWER OPTION that matches your level (i.e freshers or experienced candidates).
REASON WHY IS THE INTERVIEWER ASKING YOU THE QUESTION, WHY DO YOU THINK YOU ARE SUITABLE FOR THIS JOB?
They are asking you this interview question because most candidates have no idea why they are suitable for the job they have applied for. They just want a decent paying job and they are not too bothered which company it is with. Those type of candidates are not the ones the employer wants to hire.
However, the candidate who understands how their skills, qualities, attributes and experience will enable them to quickly add value to the company is far more likely to get the job. That is why you must prepare a brilliant answer.
3 THINGS YOU MUST INCLUDE IN YOUR ANSWER TO THE INTERVIEW QUESTION, WHY DO YOU THINK YOU ARE SUITABLE FOR THIS JOB?
Below are the three things you must include in your answer to the question, why do you think you are suitable for this job?
- You must reference the JOB DESCRIPTION in your answer. Make sure you read the job description before attending your interview and tell the hiring manager you have studied it, and you are a perfect match for the essential criteria.
- When answering the interview question, WHY DO YOU THINK YOU ARE SUITABLE FOR THIS JOB, tell the hiring manager you have an understanding of the industry you will be working in, and in particular where it is heading in the future.
- Finally, tell the interviewer you been working hard over the years to DEVELOP YOUR INTERPERSONAL AND COMMUNICATION SKILLS (two of the most important workplace skills needed) and these will enable you to work brilliantly as part of a team, and also provide exceptional service to their customers or clients.
Why Do You Think You Are Suitable For This Job Sample Answers
WHY DO YOU THINK YOU ARE SUITABLE FOR THIS JOB SAMPLE ANSWERS FOR EXPERIENCED CANDIDATES
“I am suitable for this job because I have the skills, qualities and knowledge to meet the requirements of the job description.
I am suitable for this job because my knowledge and experience is relevant to this industry and I understand how to meet the needs of your customers and clients.
I am also suitable for this job because I am genuinely passionate about this type of work. If you are passionate about your work, you will do a great job for your employer and support your coworkers in their duties too.”
WHY DO YOU THINK YOU ARE SUITABLE FOR THIS JOB SAMPLE ANSWERS FOR FRESHERS AND NO EXPERIENCE CANDIDATES
“I am suitable for this job because I am a very fast learner who can easily retain large amounts of job specific information.
I am also suitable because my motivation to succeed is high and I always set myself goals to achieve.
Finally, I am suitable for this job because I have a plan in place of what I will do in the first 30 days of starting work here.
I will learn all company policies and procedures, I will get a brief from my manager of what is expected of me and I will then set to work on important tasks and projects to help my team succeed.”
There’s two brilliant example answers to that tricky interview question, why do you think you are suitable for this job?
Thank you so much for reading this article and I wish you all the best for passing your job interview.
by Scholars Hub
Scholars Hub is a site created for Scholars, to guide you write professional CV, professional Resume, Biodata, Common Interview Questions and Answers. Tlcpost.com is NOT awarding scholarships, is NOT an employment site, NOT recruiter or agency or third party, and tlcpost.com is NOT directly or indirectly involve in any stage of recruitment or employment. We don’t charge anything for any information shared in this site.
The aim of setting up this interesting site is to help Scholars/Students, mostly from developing countries, by sharing and giving you some guidelines to write professional CV, Professional Resume for Job application, including some Common Interview Questions and Answers.
Got any question to ask? CLICK HERE