In this post article, you will learn how to answer this very difficult interview question, “What can you do for us that other candidates can’t?” You will learn those things you need to include in your answer and also best example answer to the interview question, “What can you do for us that no one else can?
First, let me break it down on what you should include in your response to this difficult interview question, “What Can You Do For Us That Other Candidates Can’t?” We will also look at some example answer you can use.
What to include in your Answer to the interview question, “What Can You Do For Us That Other Candidates Can’t?”
- Make sure you give the interviewer four things you can do in the role that no one else can do, because this is a great way to help you stand out. All the other candidates will give just one thing they can do in the role that no one else can. So by giving for it helps you to stand out.
- Tell the interviewer you are a very fast learner and they won’t have to spend their valuable time training you up and constantly supervising you.
- Say that you will always look to add value in the role because you will seek ways to help the business grow commercially.
- Make sure you reference the job description in your answer. Tell the interviewer that you have read the job description and you are confident that you already have the skills, the qualities and the experience to excel in the position.
- Tell the interviewer that you are an innovative problem solver because all hiring managers want to take on people who can solve problems on their own.
So let now look at the example answer to that very difficult interview question, “What can you do for us that no one else can?
Example Answer: “I am a very fast learner, which means I can come into the role and start contributing to the team quickly. You won’t have to spend your valuable time training me up or constantly supervising me.
I will always seek to add value to your organization by looking to do things that will help the business to grow commercially. The skills and qualities I have are a strong match for the job description, which should hopefully give you the assurance that I am a perfect match for the position.
Finally, I am an innovative problem solver, which means whatever issues or challenges occur in the team, I will be able to resolve them in a way that is in the best interests of the organization.”
That’s an outstanding answer to that question, “What can you do for us that no one else can?”
“Why should I hire you or why should we hire you for this position?”
Now, sometimes the interviewer will ask you another similar question. Question like, “why should I hire you or why should we hire you for this position?” Now, this needs to be answered in a slightly different way. So here’s what to include in your answer to the question, “Why should I hire you?” And also an example response/answer.
What you should include in your Answer
- Make sure you give several reasons why they should hire you in your answer.
- Say that by hiring you, their life will be made much easier because you will fit into their team and quickly start contributing to the team objectives.
- Tell the interviewer you have a track record of achievement in previous roles and try and give an example of something impressive you have already achieved in a previous job
- Finish off your answer and say that you are a big advocate of self development and improvement because this means they will be hiring someone who will continually grow, improve and develop in the position.
So let me now look at an example answer to the interview question, “Why should I hire you?”
Example Answer: “You should hire me for several reasons. Firstly, I will do all I can in the role to make your life much easier because I have the right skills and qualities for the job. This means I will fit into the team quickly and start contributing to the team’s goals in superfast time.
You should also hire me because I have a track record of achievement in previous positions. My manager often praised me for being someone who would always go above and beyond for customers and seek ways to help the business increase sales.
Finally, you should hire me because I am a big advocate of self development. This means you will be hiring someone who is open to change and who will continually improve, grow and develop in the role.”
That’s another really good answer that’s going to put you ahead of the competition at your job interview.
Thanks for reading this post article and I wish you all the best for passing your interview.
by Scholars Hub
Scholars Hub is a site created for Scholars, to guide you write professional CV, professional Resume, Biodata, Common Interview Questions and Answers. Tlcpost.com is NOT awarding scholarships, is NOT an employment site, NOT recruiter or agency or third party, and tlcpost.com is NOT directly or indirectly involve in any stage of recruitment or employment. We don’t charge anything for any information shared in this site.
The aim of setting up this interesting site is to help Scholars/Students, mostly from developing countries, by sharing and giving you some guidelines to write professional CV, Professional Resume for Job application, including some Common Interview Questions and Answers.
Got any question to ask? CLICK HERE