This is to inform applicants and candidates seeking to pursue Masters Degree in Canada that University of British Columbia (Canada) is offering scholarships to international students, mostly students from Sub-Saharan Africa. Up to $25M Scholarships to be offered to African students.
The University of British Columbia is partnering with The Mastercard Foundation Scholars Program to provide comprehensive scholarships to students from Sub-Saharan Africa. The Program provides access to education for academically talented, yet economically marginalized young people. University of British Columbia MasterCard Foundation Scholarships is offered annually to African Countries.
Application Deadlines (Make sure you study this application deadline well):
Step 1: Admissibility Submission: November 6, 2019
Step 2: Mastercard Foundation Scholars Program Application December 13, 2019
Step 3: UBC Faculty Applications:
i) Arts: January 2, 2020
- *Masters in Science Education (SCED) – December 1, 2019*
- Masters of Educational Administration and Leadership (EDAL) – January 2, 2020
- Masters of Higher Education (HIED) – January 2, 2020
iii) *Forestry: January 13, 2020*
iv) Land and Food Systems: January 2, 2020
v) Medicine: January 2, 2020
vi) Science: January 2, 2020
vii) Sauder School of Business: January 2, 2020
Note: These dates above may vary from those posted on faculty websites. Please note that if you are applying for the Mastercard Foundation Scholars Program at UBC, you must submit all your documents (including your reference letters) by the dates requested above.
110 students will benefits from University of British Columbia MasterCard Foundation Scholars Program which will run for over the next 10 years.
About University of British Columbia MasterCard Foundation Scholars Program
UBC is among the first Canadian universities to join The MasterCard Foundation Scholars Program and one of 15 institutions in the world participating in the $500 million global education initiative.
As one of the world’s leading universities, the University of British Columbia creates an exceptional learning environment that fosters global citizenship, advances a civil and sustainable society, and supports outstanding research to serve the world.
The University of British Columbia, Canada is pleased to partner with The MasterCard Foundation Scholars Program to provide comprehensive scholarships to students from Sub-Saharan Africa. The Program provides access to education for academically talented, yet economically marginalized young people. More than 110 students from Africa will receive comprehensive scholarships to live and learn at the University of British Columbia thanks to a $25 million grant from The MasterCard Foundation. Over the next 10 years, UBC expects to welcome 77 undergraduate and 35 master’s degree students through the Program. This Scholarship covers Full period of study.
Value of Scholarship: Successive students will receive a scholarship equivalent to the costs related to attaining a degree, including travel, tuition, textbooks, housing, food, and living expenses. Also, successive students will also receive financial, academic, social, and post-graduation support which will enable the student to build experiences and competencies critical for academic success.
Eligibility and Selection Criteria
To be eligible for consideration for the Mastercard Foundation Scholars Masters’ Degree Program at UBC, the applicant must:
- have completed a Bachelor’s degree;
- must not already have a graduate or PhD degree;
- be a citizen or a refugee of a Sub-Saharan African country;
- have lived a significant part of their life in a Sub-Saharan African country
- present economically disadvantaged financial circumstances, and be able to show lack of financial means from family or other sources to pursue graduate education in their home country or elsewhere;
- have achieved academic excellence under difficult circumstances and show leadership qualities or potential;
- demonstrate an interest in and commitment to giving back to his/her home community in ways that enhance the economic growth and social development of Africa, through engagement in activities in their current profession, university or community;
- be a person who requires a Canadian study permit to study in Canada;
- commit to returning to Africa in order to apply their training and skills to the betterment of others;
- be applying for a Master’s degree in one of the following Faculties and programs at UBC’s Vancouver campus
Below are the Eligible Field of Study and the Degrees programs at UBC’s Vancouver campus;
Faculty of Arts
- Master of Public Policy and Global Affairs
Faculty of Education
- Master of Educational Administration and Leadership (M.Ed)
- Master of Higher Education (M.Ed)
- Master of Education in Science Education (M.Ed)
Faculty of Forestry
- Master of Science (MSc)
- Master of Applied Science (MASc)
- Master of Sustainable Forest Management (MSFM)
- Master of International Forestry (MIF)
- Master of Geomatics for Environmental Management (MGEM)
Faculty of Land and Food Systems
- Master of Food and Resource Economics (MFRE)
- Master of Food Science (MFS)
- Master of Land and Water Systems (MLWS)
Faculty of Medicine
- Master of Public Health (MPH)
Faculty of Science
- Master of Data Science
Sauder School of Business
- Full-Time MBA Program
How to Apply: Application for University of British Columbia MasterCard Foundation Scholarships is done online. You will find more information in the Graduate Scholarship Webpage Link below.
Visit Scholarship Webpage for more details.
- If you have interest in more than one faculty, note that you will need to submit separate eligibility forms.
- To help you in your applications, Click here to see a sample of the 2020-2021 MCF application: MCF Application Form2020-2021 Sample.
- For further questions about the UBC Mastercard Foundation Scholarship, please email: [email protected]
Sponsors: MasterCard Foundation Scholars Programme (MFSP)
Shared Scholarship Updates is a scholarships information website for all nationalities students, international students. Tlcpost.com is not awarding scholarships.
Our aim is to help interested international students, mostly from developing countries, by sharing current and verifiable scholarships round the world.
Got a question? Email [email protected]