The requirement to have a valid passport for the DV Lottery will not apply for participation of 2024 Diversity Visa (DV) lottery program. The DV Lottery 2024 opens October 5 to November 8, 2022, and you don’t need a passport or passport number to apply for this years DV Lottery.
Passport Not Required for Diversity Visa Lottery
If you don’t have a passport, don’t worry, you’re still good to go, you can enter your application, no need for passport this year. Everybody has a chance to apply for DV Lottery 2024.
If you come from a country that has been listed as eligible, then your eligibility is based on the fact that you are born in that country.
If you are born in a country listed as ineligible to apply, then you can claim the eligibility of:
- Either of your spouse, i.e if you’re married and your spouse is not born in the country where it has been listed as ineligible, or in other words, your spouse is born in to apply country, you can apply together and claim your spouse eligibility of country.
- Even if you are from an eligible or not eligible country, another way you can apply is if one or both of your parents are born in eligible country to apply. If they are born in eligible country to apply, then you can apply and claim the eligibility of your parents.
Eligibility requirements for you to apply for 2024 DV Lottery
You must meet two requirements:
- Requirement 1: You must meet the condition of eligibility of a country and there are three ways in which you know that you are eligible or you can claim eligibility of a country:
(i) By birth
If you’re applying from your country of birth, and your country of birth is listed as the eligible one, then you are eligible by birth.
(ii) But if you were born in a country listed as ineligible, you can claim the eligibility of a country of;
- your spouse;
- both or either of your parents if they were not born or if they were born in countries that are eligible to apply.
Some questions you may ask
Can you apply from anywhere?
Does location matters?
If you are in the U.S can you apply for green card? If you are in a country where you are not born at this time, as the DV Lottery opens, can you apply from that country?
The answer to all these is Yes.
When it comes to the application of DV Lottery (Green Card Lottery), it doesn’t matter the location you are. For instance, if you came to U.S through a student visa, which is a temporary visa, you are just in the U.S for a temporary period of time, you can apply for the green card lottery (DV Lottery) while still in the U.S as a student.
If you came to visit a friend or a relative or just a tour at this period of time and you are in the U.S and this application is going on, you can apply for Green Card right inside the USA. It doesn’t matter where you are, the location does not matter and wherever you are, you have the right to apply for the DV Lottery 2024.
- Requirement 2: For you to meet the second eligibility to apply, you must have at least a high school education or equivalent, or you must have worked or two years, at least two years of work experience or in occupation for the past five years that required at least two years of training or experience.
Remember that you are going to use photo in the entry. The photo is key because so many people are going to be ineligible to win if they upload a photo that does not meet specification. Make sure you read this guide/article below to ensure that you get the right digital passport.
Try to make DV Lottery application by yourself, it is very possible to make your own application.
The DV lottery entry is open, try your luck and I wish you success.
DISCLAIMER: This post and content is designed for general information only and is NOT legal advice. This site is not offering any Diversity Visa and is not the official site for DV Lottery program. The information presented in this post should not be construed to be formal legal advice.
If you have any questions about the DV lottery, please contact an immigration professional/officer or a licensed attorney.
by Scholars Hub
Scholars Hub is a site created for Scholars, to guide you write professional CV, professional Resume, Biodata, Common Interview Questions and Answers. Tlcpost.com is NOT awarding scholarships, is NOT an employment site, NOT recruiter or agency or third party, and tlcpost.com is NOT directly or indirectly involve in any stage of recruitment or employment. We don’t charge anything for any information shared in this site.
The aim of setting up this interesting site is to help Scholars/Students, mostly from developing countries, by sharing and giving you some guidelines to write professional CV, Professional Resume for Job application, including some Common Interview Questions and Answers.