The Pierre Elliott Trudeau Foundation Scholarship Program is seeking candidates who are audacious, original, and forward-thinking to take up the chance to study in Canada. The program promises to help mold researchers into engaged leaders with the consciousness of the impact of their research, linked to the realities of the societies in which they work, and welcomes non-conventional forms of knowledge.
The program will survive for 3 years and it will offer generous support for Scholars’ doctoral effort in the form of a stipend and a research and travel grant.
In their first year, Scholars will be given mandatory leadership training from the Foundation’s Mentors, who are cream of the crop from across the public, private, and non-profit sectors, and Fellows, who are leaders in research and training, during Institutes of Engaged Leadership. The Institutes will take place in different provinces, territories, and foreign countries.
Scholars will work with Mentors and Fellows to collaboratively plan and participate in a public conference with a flexible format, to be created and led by the Scholars themselves in their second years.
The third, which is the final year of the program will be devoted to knowledge dissemination. Scholars will keep working closely with Mentors and Fellows to impact the lessons they have learned over their term with the Foundation. This activity could take several forms, ranging from the publication of a book to a theatre production or a fundraising gala. It will be an opportunity to innovate and try out in order to share knowledge and skills acquired through the Pierre Elliott Trudeau Foundation experience with a public audience.
If you receive the Pierre Elliott Trudeau Foundation Scholarship, you stand to gain the following:
- Membership in a community of other Scholars, Fellows and Mentors, all of whom are leaders and change-makers in their respective disciplines and sectors;
- Leadership training from Mentors and Fellows;
- $40,000 each year for three years to cover tuition and reasonable living expenses; and
- Upto $20,000 per year for three years, as a research and travel allowance;
Below are the things you must have if you are chosen for the scholarship:
- Attend a community retreat and two Institutes of Engaged Leadership in the course of the primary year of your term;
- Collaboratively plan and participate in a convention event all through the second one year of your term;
- Work with other Scholars, Mentors, and Fellows on a creative understanding sharing and dissemination project during the third year of your term;
- Work towards fluency in English and French with help from the Foundation;
- Actively engage and collaborate with the Foundation’s community of Scholars, Fellows and Mentors; and
- Submit one research progress report per year.
How To Apply
The application procedure guide can be found right here >>>http://www.trudeaufoundation.ca/en/programs/scholarships/become-scholar<<<
Launch date: November 15, 2019.
Application Deadline Date: Jan 22, 2020.
Shared Scholarship Updates is a scholarships information website for all nationalities students, international students. Tlcpost.com is not awarding scholarships.
Our aim is to help interested international students, mostly from developing countries, by sharing current and verifiable scholarships round the world.
Got a question? Email [email protected]