Hasselt University is a university with campuses in Hasselt and Diepenbeek, Belgium. It was officially established in 1971, as the Limburgs Universitair Centrum. On June 15, 2005 the university changed its name to Hasselt University. Address: Martelarenlaan 42, 3500 Hasselt, Belgium.
Applications are now open for Hasselt University Master of Transportation Sciences Scholarships in Belgium, for Intake in September 2020. This scholarship is targeted mostly for Students from Developing Countries.
Applications deadline for Hasselt University Master of Transportation Sciences Scholarships in Belgium is 1st February, 2020 and the scholarship will be taken in Belgium (a country in Western Europe).
About Hasselt University Master of Transportation Sciences Scholarships in Belgium
Every year (annually), International Course Programme (ICP) offers twelve students from developing countries two years scholarship programme to obtain MSc in Transportation Sciences which specifically focus on road safety in developing countries.
In this two years scholarship programme, students are trained to identify transportation and road safety issues in order to create innovative solutions by using an integrative approach based on three pillars: the individual (dealing with the human behaviour in traffic and how to influence it e.g. intentional and unintentional riskful behaviour such as drunk driving or cognitive impairments), the environment (e.g. creating self-explaining roads and infrastructure that minimizes crash impact) and the society (e.g. societal norms and translation into policy and enforcement measures). Road safety in this programme is approached as a cross-border field, incorporating elements of psychology, economy, urban planning, environmental studies, engineering and more.
Scholarship type: Masters
Scholarship Eligibility Criteria
1. Participants should have at least an academic bachelor degree
2. Sufficient knowledge of the English language
3. Participants must be a national and resident of one of the below 31 countries:
- Africa: Benin, Burkina Faso, Burundi, DR Congo, Ethiopia, Guinea, Cameroon, Kenya, Madagascar, Mali, Morocco, Mozambique, Rwanda, Senegal, Tanzania, Uganda, Zimbabwe, South Africa, Niger
- Asia: Cambodia, Philippines, Indonesia, Palestinian Territories, Vietnam
- Latin America: Bolivia, Cuba, Ecuador, Guatemala, Haiti, Nicaragua, Peru
4. The maximum age of applicants should be 35 as at 1st January, 2019
For a full description of the scholarship eligibility criteria, visit the VLIR-UOS website: VLIR-UOS scholarship eligibility criteria
What is the Value of the Scholarship Award?
- Monthly allowance: € 1150/month (for cost of meals, transport, personal expenses and accommodation)
- 1- time payment for indirect travel costs: € 150
- 1- time payment for logistical allowance: € 850
- Insurance, international travel and tuition fee
How to Apply for Hasselt University Master of Transportation Sciences Scholarships in Belgium
Go to “Start making new registration”
- Make sure all required fields have been filled in and all required documents have been uploaded.
- Application forms that are incomplete, illegible or arrive at Hasselt University later than the application deadline will be rejected.
Visit the Scholarship Program Webpage for more details.
Award Providers: VLIR-UOS
by Scholars Hub
Scholars Hub is a site created for Scholars, to guide you write professional CV, professional Resume, Biodata. Tlcpost.com is not awarding scholarships, is not an employment site, not recruiter or agency or third party, and we not directly or indirectly involve in any stage of recruitment or employment. We don’t charge anything for any information shared in this site.
Our aim is to help interested international Scholars/Students, mostly from developing countries, by sharing verifiable scholarships round the world, give you some guidelines to write professional CV, Professional Resume for Job application.
Got a question? Email [email protected]