This Experienced Mechanical Engineer CV Sample or example will assist you get an interview. Use this mechanical engineer CV sample as the starting point for your own job-winning CV.
MECHANICAL ENGINEER CV EXAMPLE
Address line 1
Address line 2
T: 0121 638 0026
M: number here
A very experienced mechanical engineer with over 7 years invaluable experience of successfully overseeing and completing projects from conception to completion. Having a proven ability to improve efficiency by finding solutions to complex customer problems all to tight work schedules. Currently looking for a suitable mechanical engineering position with a progressive manufacturing company, willing to relocate if necessary.
MECHANICAL ENGINEER – Company name
February 2008 – present
Involved in the examination, development as well as testing of mechanical equipment and tools. Responsible for providing engineering support for workshop activities to ensure that components and equipment is maintained and refurbished correctly.
- Making sure all safety precautions are taken.
- Carried out safety tests and recorded results on mechanical equipment and systems and recommending improvements.
- Regularly making dimensional orientation and materials checks and comparisons.
- Responsible for the plant and equipment maintenance and replacement of worn-out parts.
- Having to scrutinize technical mechanical problems and follow corrective procedures to fix the problem and avoid recurrence.
- Explaining technical problems to non technical colleagues.
- Carrying out staff appraisals.
- Prepared monthly reports for senior managers.
- Involved in the design of new machines and equipment, whilst at the same time taking account of cost, availability of materials, strength and maintenance requirements.
- Supervising the smooth operation of the company manufacturing plants.
MAINTENANCE ENGINEER – company name
March 2005 – February 2008
Giving technical maintenance support to on site activities and ensuring that the correct components and procedures are followed to ensure quality control. Provide Mechanical Engineering expertise and technical advice to other members of staff.
- Preparation of estimates for Mechanical Engineering works.
- Responsible for coordinating and planning daily maintenance and repair activities.
- Responsible for recording and maintaining engineering records.
- Prepare risk schedules to identify and quantify risks and mitigation measures.
- Maintain good client relationships at all times.
- Built a data base for mechanical equipment.
- Able to adapt computer program solutions to improve efficiency and effectiveness, organizing records, and compiling reports.
- Experience of using Computer Aided Design Systems and related software.
- Have previously worked with multi-national and multi-skilled crews.
- Experience of designing cost-effective and practical mechanical equipment modifications to help improve safety and reliability.
- Able to adhere to engineering principles and techniques.
- Knowledge of considering time constraints like safety, cost and environmental issues.
- Ability to evaluate and test theoretical designs.
- Experience of working with minimal supervision or as part of a small team in analyzing mechanical failures.
- Knowledge of designing and maintaining new databases.
KEY COMPETENCIES AND SKILLS
Root cause analysis
PREVIOUS CAREER HISTORY
Engineer Blakemore 2004 – 2005
Trainee Howards workshop 2003 – 2004
Exeter University Engineering Degree 2000 – 2003
Southampton College A levels 1999 – 2000
Available on request.
Driving license: yes
Languages: English, French
Before you start writing your CV sit down, place the job advert in front of you and start making a list of all your skills and abilities that match the requirements listed in the job description.
Tailor your curriculum vitae to the job you are applying for. Do this by writing every sentence and paragraph in your CV at the vacancy in question. This may sound like hard work as you will have to write a different one for each vacancy you apply for, however your chances of success are immeasurably increased.
by Scholars Hub
Scholars Hub is a site created for Scholars, to guide you write professional CV, professional Resume, Biodata. Tlcpost.com is not awarding scholarships, is not an employment site, not recruiter or agency or third party, and we not directly or indirectly involve in any stage of recruitment or employment. We don’t charge anything for any information shared in this site.
Our aim is to help interested international Scholars/Students, mostly from developing countries, by sharing verifiable scholarships round the world, give you some guidelines to write professional CV, Professional Resume for Job application.
Got a question? Email [email protected]